Why you should nominate yourself
The Blossom Awards celebrate the success and contribution of the British-Chinese Community to our national life.
Winning an Award will allow you to:
Our Judging Panel are looking for British-Chinese achievers who have made an outstanding contribution to the category they are nominated in. This will usually mean you have done some or all of the following:
How to nominate
To nominate yourself:
1. Complete the online Nomination Form below
2. Submit your CV (and an optional supporting statement) plus a colour head and shoulders photo of yourself, using our online portal below.
Please read the General Criteria and Nomination Guidelines below carefully before submitting your nomination.
Nominations close at 11 pm UK time on Friday 12 June 2020. Any nominations received after this time will be disregarded.
The Awards are open to people of any gender, but anyone nominating themselves for an Award must fulfil all the below criteria:
1. Nominations close at 11 pm UK time on Friday 12 June 2020. Any nominations received after this time will be disregarded.
2. You can only nominate yourself. Nominations submitted on your behalf are not accepted.
3. There is no charge or fee to submit a nomination.
4. Nominations must be submitted in English only.
5. An individual can only nominate themselves for one category (where an individual nominates themselves for more than one category, only the first nomination received will be considered).
6. Nominations and related materials will only be seen by the Judging Panel, the Founders and the category sponsor, and will be treated confidentially.
7. The Judging Panel may transfer your nomination to a more suitable category if they feel it is appropriate.
8. All the materials submitted to The Blossom Awards become the property of The Blossom Awards, and will not be returned.
9. All materials submitted relating to The Blossom Awards 2020 will be deleted or destroyed after the Awards Ceremony & Dinner.
10. Only nominees who are shortlisted will be invited to the Awards Ceremony & Dinner.
11. There is no further guidance on what you should include in your answers to the questions in the Nomination Form below. You should interpret the questions yourself and provide the answers you feel are appropriate from your own perspective.
12. No feedback can be provided in relation to any nomination, and the Judges’ decisions are final.
1. Please ensure your CV is no more than 2 pages of A4, and is submitted as a PDF file.
2. The format and contents of the CV are up to you – there is no prescribed format.
3. Please do not include links to videos, social media or other online materials in your CV, as these won’t be read or accessed.
Optional Supporting Statement
Submitting a supporting statement is optional. This could be from a colleague, manager/supervisor or someone else that knows you and can talk about your work that is relevant to the category you are nominating yourself in.
Colour head and shoulders photograph
Please ensure that the photograph is of your head and shoulders and is a clear, well-defined image.